We use AzerothCore as our game-server application. It is completely open-source and everyone (including people from other private servers) can contribute to it.
If you wish to learn about how WoW emulation work, or maybe you are an old developer and want to contribute to our project, you have come to the right place.
The open-source is not only our philosophy: it is our strength.
- Have some experience with the game. You don’t need to be an expert though.
- Being able to correctly install, update and run an AzerothCore server in your local machine.
You don’t need to be a programmer for that. You can find all the guides HERE (this is your starting point). If you need help, join the AC Discord.
Nice to have (and links to learn)
- You have some prior experience with any MaNGOS/TrinityCore-based server
- You know how git and GitHub work. Here some learning material
- You know the SQL language basics
- You have some experience with programs such as Keira3, Quice/Truice, and similar
- C++ or any other programming knowledge is a big plus
How to contribute
If you fit the requirements above and are interested to contribute, there is plenty of work you can do! Poke us on Discord and we will assign you some tasks.