Cheats / Hacks
We will perma-ban for the use of cheats and hacks, including botting / automated gameplay tools. That is for any and all accounts associated with the accused player. No discussions, no appeals.
We will sanction abuse of the BG queue in any possible way. You must join any battleground for which you receive an invite, since not doing so may lead to unbalanced teams. If you are in the queue and no longer wish to join BG, remove yourself from the queue before the BG starts. We will take action against any misuse. Also, win-trading, as well as AFKing, is strictly forbidden.
Impacting other players’ gameplay in a negative way over an extended period of time is considered griefing and subject to be sanctioned. This explicitly covers the continuous killing of quest NPCs in lower-level areas, as well as tricking players into flagging them for PvP.
Chats and general behavior
Firstly, we strongly encourage you to use the /ignore feature in-game, Staff & GMs aren’t here to babysit, if you are upset or annoyed at somebody, please use it. This includes if somebody has needed an item, use the ignore function. If somebody has broken a rule, however (listed below), please let a GM or Staff member know in-game or on Discord. Never create drama by posting it in public channels.
We will not tolerate any of the following in chat or voice channels: Racism – Sexism – Violence – Sexual – Orientation Slurs – Hate Speech of ANY kind – Any illegal or illicit activity – Excessive derogatory or explicit language – Pornographic or otherwise inappropriate links. If you encounter this behavior on any of our platforms, please notify a Warden or Staff member immediately via Discord in a #support-ticket.
The World chat is our holy grail and we moderate it to be family-friendly at all times. Inside it, we only allow chat in the English language. You can create other channels to speak in a language of your choice elsewhere. All kinds of derogatory or explicit language here are forbidden and will lead to action being taken against you. Whilst we encourage all kinds of healthy or helpful conversations (especially WoW-related!), certain triggering and drama inducing topics are forbidden, examples are:
– Political speech/talk about politics/political opinions etc. We are a WoW server, keep that in real life and/or Reddit, please.
– Healthcare and opinions about current or prior pandemics.
– Outcomes of real-life wars, battles, etc.
We also enforce the following rules, breaking these will lead to action being taken against you.
- Don’t spam.
- Be respectful of your fellow players and staff.
- Do not spread false or speculative information about the realm or staff.
- Advertising of any products or services is not permitted. This includes the advertising of other projects and your personal businesses, as well as selling characters, items, or other services of any kind for real-world goods.
- Impersonation of staff is a serious offense.
- There is no guild recruitment in /world allowed. All guild ads go to the game’s built-in Guild Recruitment channel or the General channel.
Safespotting and bugs
It is prohibited to abuse bugs/exploits or use of game mechanics in a way that is not intended. It’s against the rules to attack players from positions where either only specific classes/race can access or guards cannot attack the offending player(s). Safe spotting in battlegrounds is also not allowed. This rule applies to all in-game areas (world, BGs etc.). Players shall report every bug they find into a bugreport <https://github.com/chromiecraft/chromiecraft/issues>. Testing bugs can be done on **THE PTR** and NOT the main realm.
We allow it, as long as the player sticks with the following:
- Whilst you run multiple accounts you must not queue for battlegrounds. For one hour after you stop running multiple accounts, you, and any players summoned by you, may not participate in World PvP. That is neither by attacking or defending yourself. You must stay unflagged for PvP. This includes World PvP events such as Gurubashi Arena, Eastern Plague Lands, Silithus, Hellfire Peninsula, Terrokar Forrest, Wintergrasp, and others. This includes daisy-chaining summons e.g. by summoning someone on a different account, who then is involved in summoning someone else.
- We do not allow to harm the economy e.g. by camping rare spawns with a toon each. If you play multiple accounts, play them in one place. If you as a multi-boxer and another single-player compete for one kind of spawn, the single player will gain priority. You, as the multi-boxer, must leave the place if there are not enough mobs for everyone.
Registering multiple accounts
We do allow registering up to 5 accounts per player as long as the owner of multiple accounts does not abuse this possibility. We consider abusing ANY action that negatively impacts the gameplay of other people, which you would normally not be able to do with 1 account only. This applies both to abuses done when multiboxing (i.e. using multiple accounts at the same time) as well as abuses done by logging multiple accounts one by one.
Trying to log a 6th account from the same IP will lead to a failed connection attempt.
Any and all attempts to bypass the 5-accounts-per-IP limit to create and/or play more than 5 accounts for a single player (no matter if at once or one after another) will lead to permanent bans. If you own more than 5 accounts already, you need to abandon the extra accounts.
Anyone not respecting the above will get a permanent account ban and complete deletion of their characters. An account ban is an account removal due to server rules violations. An IP ban, on the other hand, is a complete player removal due to repeated server rules and/or harm violations.
We reserve rights to take action against any and all accounts which we associate with a player who violated our rules. There will be no arguments regarding roommates, family members, cats sleeping on the keyboard or stolen accounts in a public wi-fi. All players are responsible for the security of their accounts themselves. Just like you are legally responsible for any crimes perpetrated from your own home network.
Staff members reserve the right to take action against accounts for any malicious behavior, even if not explicitly covered in these rules. These rules may also be updated without notice at any time.